You can use the Text editor to create new text files or edit existing ones. To edit a text file, you do not need to download the file and then upload it after editing. You open the file, edit it, save it.
When you are connected to the Agent, applications will appear:
The Text editor application looks like this when in use:
- Add file button → Use the Plus sign button to create a new file. A new tab will appear.
- Open button → Press the Open button to open a text file from the remote machine. You can also edit the opened file.
- Save button → The Save button allows you to save your changes. Using this button will save the changes to the file immediately.
- Text format drop-down menu → You can select the type of text file you want to create from the drop-down menu.
- Tabs → You can open multiple tabs at once, allowing you to perform multiple tasks in parallel.
- Close Tab button → It can be used to close the given tab.
- Search button → By clicking on the Search button, you can access the following options:
a. Find field → You can search the text in this field in the text file.
b. Replace with field → You can replace the text in the search field with the text in this field.
c. Find previous checkbox → If the checkbox is selected, it searches backwards in the document.
d. Case sensitive checkbox → If the checkbox is ticked, it differentiates between upper- and lower-case letters. If not checked, upper- and lower-case letters are processed as equals.
e. Find button → By clicking the Find button, you can start the search for the text you entered in the Find field.
f. Replace button → By clicking the Replace button, you can search for the text you entered in the Find field and replace it with the text you entered in the Replace with field.
g. Replace All button → Clicking the Replace All button will start the search for the text you specified in the Find field and replace any texts found in the document with the text you specified in the Replace with field.